The benefits you get working with a speaker agency
You can find the speaker for your next event with one phone call or one or two emails by using a speaker agency.
The speaker agency will quickly and easily assess your needs and be able to narrow down their speakers to the ones (or one) that fits the bill.
This article explains the benefits of working with a speaker agency and how to make the process of booking a speaker for your next event super simple.
A Speaker Agency will make quick assessments for you
In order to help you get the best speaker for your next event the speaker agency will need some information from you. The more clarity you can provide to the following question the more effortless the process will be.
The speaker agency will want answers to these 6 questions:
1. The logistics – Where is the event going to be held, and what date will it be held on. What time will the speaker be needed on stage and when should they arrive.
2. Theme – Tell us the overall theme of the event and what topic you are looking for a keynote on. You should always look for a speaker that fits your theme. Never choose a speaker then decide the theme!
3. Topic – Be aware that words like ‘motivational’, ‘inspirational’ and ‘entertaining’ are a given. These words describe all the speakers at Stellar Speakers. This means that the question about topic is really asking you to tell us what else you want – something deeper that will produce an ROI.
4. Outcome – What do you want your audience to walk away knowing or being able to do as a result of this keynote?
5. Audience – Tell us some details about the audience attending the event. Will this be just the senior team or the whole staff? Will you be inviting people in your supply chain? Is the event for industry leaders? What level of knowledge does the audience have regarding this topic and theme – are they newbies? Do they have a good working knowledge of the topic or are they well versed and looking for greater depth and new insights?
Also, tell us how many people will be attending. This helps our speaker know how to best interact with the audience.
6. Budget – Event planners often work on a tight budget and a keynote speaker is just one of many expenses on a list of essential items. So, finding the perfect keynote speaker at the right price is a must.
To make the process simple and clear, be honest and upfront with us about your budget. At Stellar Speakers we are transparent about how we work and we are here to make the process simple and give you the best service possible. If you are willing to spend £5,000, £10,000 or more tell us that, and we’ll work to that budget and be realistic with you about your options.
A Speaker Agency gives you reassurance
When you work with a speaker agency like Stellar Speakers you have the reassurance of knowing we have already vetted our speakers.
At Stellar Speakers we don’t just take on a speaker because they apply as some other speaker’s services do. One of our team will have seen a speaker in action or they have come very highly recommended by more than one of our other speakers. We also have a rigorous application process, that helps us separate the great from the good.
Our speaker development programme also helps us vet speakers, allowing us to get to know them and their topics and watch their development before inviting the best to join us at a Stellar Speaker level. When we take on a speaker as a Stellar Speaker, we continue to work with that speaker to help them with their career development. What this means for a client booking our speakers is they can be sure the speaker will be excellent and we know them well. If you’d like to see what we do with our speakers to support their development, please ask during the booking process. We’d be happy to share this with you, so you can see how much we care about the quality our speakers produce!
To add extra reassurance we will arrange, and attend, a no-fee briefing between you and the speaker, prior to booking, so you can discuss the brief with them. This helps you know you are making the right choice.
In addition, when you book with us, we’ll gift you a copy of our Event Organisers Handbook, which will bring clarity to the process of managing your event. You are also welcome to download our guide 3 Secrets of Successful Event Creation
How an agency will manage the contracts
Booking a speaker is just one of the many things you have to arrange for your event. You’ll have a venue and plenty of other logistics to sort out. As an agency, we can help you make that process super simple. We’ll provide you with the contracts for the speaker and handle the logistics with them.
In addition, we can also connect you to our preferred partners who can help you find your venue. We also have partnerships with videographers, photographers and event production companies. Just let us know what you need and we’ll help you find it.
A professional Speaker Agency will be transparent about their fees
We have heard that speaker agencies and bureaux are not always upfront about their fees and take larger cuts for their services when they can. We’re very open with our speakers and clients about our fees.
Sometimes a booker feels they can save the agent’s fee by going direct to the speaker, but if you imagine how long that process takes, and that you bypass the support and reassurance an agent can give you, you will soon realise that doing it yourself is actually a false economy.
An agency can help you develop team buy-in
One of the biggest challenges event managers tell us they face is getting buy-in from the people the event is arranged for. Our speakers will supply you with information you can use in the build-up to the event like an overview of their keynote and bio, but sometimes marketing requires more. If the buy-in is a concern for you, reach out to us and we will happily discuss how we can raise the profile of the event and get greater buy-in.
We believe all keynote speakers should be Stellar Speakers – able to entertain, connect with an audience and make a positive impact. As a unique speaker agency representing change-making keynote speakers, we provide expertise to help you manage your budgetary expectations and provide realistic options. We provide a preferred partner’s service base, so that partner clients get everything they need, lowering your risk as a booker of speakers, so you can make your choice about your next speaker with confidence.