What we share in this article will help you quickly and easily see the difference between one speaker and another before you consider booking them.
Distinguishing the different types of keynote speaker you can hire
You can distinguish speakers through
1. Topic – Expertise in a subject area. At Stellar we have 13 categories, but there are also trending topics that you may want to know about and understand
2. Depth – mastery and wisdom come from knowing and doing something, expertise comes from testing, measuring, studying, surveying and questioning. Some speakers know from their own experience, others took the time to become subject matter experts and brilliant communicators. You’ll find more about the 3 levels of speaker depth below.
3. Price – The market generally puts a price on a topic based on how many speakers there are talking about the topic and the demand, but the speakers unique take on a topic or invaluable expertise can mean they can, and do, charge more than the market price.
Let’s explore the different types of keynote speakers more…
Distinguishing keynote speakers by topic
At Stellar Speakers we have 13 categories for our speakers. They are:
- Adversity, diversity & inclusion
- Business & strategy
- Collaboration & team
- Communication, marketing & negotiation
- Customer Service & Sales
- Economics, current affairs & finance
- Environment & sustainability
- HR & talent management
- Innovation & creativity
- Mindset & performance
- Psychology, wellbeing & spirituality
Click the links below to see examples of speakers on these topics.
- Belonging – including adversity, diversity, equality & inclusion
- Health – including mental health, mental resilience & well-being
- Climate change and sustainability
- Remote working
- Digital transformation
Having distinguished speakers by topic let’s now look at depth…
3 Level of speakers
At Stellar we recognise 3 levels of speaker. Each speaks at a different level of topic understanding.
Level 1 – Explaining the truth as they see it. Sharing magical moments and transformative ideas at a surface level.
Level 2 – A speaker that can provide depth and understanding of a subject. They can usually provide an audience with an experiential keynote, that the audience feel part of, deepening their understanding.
Level 3 – These speakers are not only subject matter experts, but they are also excellent communicators who can breakdown a complex idea and make it simple. These speakers tend to leave a lasting impression.
Having explored keynote speakers by topic and depth, let’s look at different types of keynote speaker by price…
Keynote speaker pricing
A keynote speakers’ fee will vary depending on several factors. You would expect to pay more for a celebrity, a renowned industry expert or a professional speaker than you would a good speaker, who isn’t yet known.
The market generally puts a price on a speaker based on their topic, and how many speakers there are talking about the topic. Demand for that topic will also play a part in pricing. However, a speaker with a clear and unique angle on a topic, or their research, or invaluable expertise can mean they charge more than the normal market price.
We believe all keynote speakers should be Stellar Speakers – able to entertain, connect with an audience and make a positive impact. As a unique speaker agency representing change-making keynote speakers, we provide expertise to help you manage your budgetary expectations and provide realistic options. We provide a preferred partner’s service base, so that partner clients get everything they need, lowering your risk as a booker of speakers, so you can make your choice about your next speaker with confidence.